Effective: 19 May 2022
We value you as a customer and take your personal privacy seriously. We are dedicated to protecting the privacy rights of our users and website visitors (“users” or “you”).
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you interact, engage with our Services, we collect information about you, which includes personal information. The term “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you, or the term may be defined under applicable privacy or data protection laws. We collect personal information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically from you and/or your device; and
- From other third-party sources.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you use the Services, which may include:
- Personal identifiers, such as your first name, last name, email address, and the state you are located in when you submit forms;
- Your preference information, for example, we may collect information on whether you are interested to receive Live at the Bike news, your participation in promotional events;
- Information you voluntarily provide when you interact with the Services, such as through your Communications with us when you request customer support, submit inquiries or interactions with us via our social networking sites;
- Information you consent to provide to us when you participate in our livestreaming audio and/or visual events (“Events”), such as, your full name, email address, state/country you are located in, your preference information in connection with the receipt of marketing communications on upcoming events, and your ‘likeness’ which includes your appearance, voice, image, nickname, traits, and other unique personal characteristics.
We collect this personal information directly from you through our Services when, for example, you: fill in forms on our Website (such as for contact purposes, to receive latest Live at The Bike news); participate in surveys; provide feedback or otherwise contact us; subscribe to receive promotional communications; enter an online promotion; request information; when you talk to our employees or support staff; participate in our Events or otherwise interact with the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you register with or use the Services, we receive and store personal information about you and information about your electronic devices (e.g., mobile phone, laptop computer, tablet, etc.) using technologies that automatically collect such data. Depending on your device’s operating system, we automatically collect the following categories of personal information:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address(es) from which you accessed the Services;
- Usage information, such as information about your interactions with the Services;
- Cookies, tracking, and ad serving technologies, which collect information about your interactions with the Services. Such information may be collected by us through our third-party vendors’ use of tracking technologies, as discussed further in Section 2 (“Automatic Information Collection and Tracking Technologies”), below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Depending on how you interact with the Services, we collect personal information about you from third-party sources, including:
- Analytics providers with whom we partner may provide us with information about your interactions with the Services, or other information about your interactions with the Services or advertising content.
2. AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
When you use our Services, we and our third-party partners collect information about you and your electronic device(s) through cookies and similar technologies:
- Internet Log Files: We use internet log files, which contain data such as your IP address, in order to monitor traffic on our Services, resolve technical problems with the Services, detect and prevent fraud, and other similar purposes.
- Cache Data: A cache is a component of your device that transparently stores data for record-keeping purposes. Cache data does not identify users, but does identify your mobile device, including your location information. Most browsers and applications are initially set up to accept cache data. If you prefer, you can adjust the settings of your device so that it does not store this information while utilizing the Services. Certain application features may only be available through the collection of such data. We may use such data to assist in data collection and to track application usage and trends to help us better serve you. We also permit third parties who have entered into confidentiality agreements to access such data to help us monitor use of the Services for fraud or any other activity that does not comply with applicable laws.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To administer our Website such as troubleshooting, data analysis and testing;
- To provide you with our Services;
- To administer a promotion, survey or other feature;
- To produce audio and/or visual content of users who participant in Events and to promote such content via livestreaming services
- To send periodic promotional communications regarding new products, content, features and services including promotions and special offers regarding products and services provided by us or our affiliates or other associated third parties;
- To serve, facilitate, and measure the effectiveness of advertising by us;
- To provide access to certain functionalities and features of the Services;
- To communicate with you about our relationship and follow up with you in correspondence in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent; and
- As otherwise required or permitted by law, or as we may notify you.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information (the categories identified above) with our affiliates, subsidiaries, related entities and other companies within the Bally’s Corporation family of companies. We may disclose your personal information to our employees, employees of other companies or affiliated with Bally’s Corporation to use your personal information to provide products and services in relation to you being a user of our Website.
We may share your personal information (from each category identified above) with selected third parties, including:
- Service Providers: We engage third parties to support our business and to, for example, provide you the Services we offer including, distribution and management of emails to our Users; platform hosting and infrastructure services;
- Analytics Providers: We engage third parties that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Services.
- Livestreaming service providers: We engage third parties to assist us with the live streaming and broadcast of our Events, including but not limited to YouTube, Twitch and FBLive.
- Successors: We may provide personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, in which case we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, and your personal information may be transferred as part of that transaction.
- Where Legally Obligated: We may provide personal information to those to whom we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or legal request, such as a subpoena or court order, or in connection with required governmental filings or submissions (including but not limited to gaming regulators), or in order to enforce or apply our Terms, rules, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety or the Website, our users, or others.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have undertaken efforts to protect the confidentiality of the information we have collected through the Website. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Website will be completely safe. Any transmission of your data to our Website is at your own risk. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
If you have any questions about the security of our Services, you can contact us using the communication methods identified in Section 14 (“Contact Details”), below.
6. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you communications for marketing purposes. You have certain choices regarding your personal information, including:
- Cookies and similar tracking technologies: Please see www.allaboutcookies.org for information about what cookies are and what they do. You may be able to disable cookies by adjusting the permissions on your device. You can also visit www.aboutads.info/choices and https://optout.privacyrights.info/ to opt out of certain uses of cookies for advertising purposes. Cookie settings vary depending on the type of device and operating system you use, so refer to instructions related to your particular device to learn more about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Note that if you reject certain cookies, you may still use the Services, but your ability to use some features or areas may be limited.
- Advertising Identifiers: You may choose to prevent your mobile device’s advertising identifier from being used for interest-based advertising, or you may reset your device’s advertising identifier. These settings vary depending on the type of device you use. If you use Apple iOS, you can reset your advertising identifier by going to: Settings > Privacy, tap Advertising, and then tap “Reset Advertising Identifier.” If you use an Android device, you can head to: Settings > Google > Ads > Reset advertising ID, and click “OK” when prompted.
- E-mail Communication: From time to time, in accordance with applicable law, we may use your email address to send you news, promotions and other marketing offers from us in relation to our products and services, the Website, and/or third party products and services. If you longer wish to receive email communications from us, you can opt out of or unsubscribe from e-mail communications by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the e-mails that you receive or by contacting us at [email protected]. Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, we will still send you transactional and relationship messages. These include responses to your questions and communications relating to the provision of our Services.
- Updating Your Personal Information: You may update your personal information by contacting us at [email protected].
7. THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS
8. OUR PLATFORM IS NOT INTENDED FOR MINORS
The Website is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 21. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your minor has given us information, you can contact us at [email protected].
9. INTERNATIONAL HOSTING OF INFORMATION
The Website and Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for and directed to users in certain jurisdictions in the United States. If you are a user accessing the Services from the European Union, Asia, or other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from the United States laws, your personal information may be processed in or transferred to the United States, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country. By using the Website or Services, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
10. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
11. FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This Section 11 applies only to residents of California. If you are a resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and “Shine the Light” laws provide you with certain rights regarding your personal information.
CCPA Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please submit your request in writing by email to [email protected] with "Shine the Light: Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line and in the body of your message.
If you are a resident of California, you can make the following more specific requests with respect to your personal information:
- Right to Access: You can request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Right to Delete: You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you because you exercise any rights under the CCPA or applicable law, including by denying you Services, providing you a different level of Services, or suggesting that you will receive a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
California residents can make these requests by:
- Contacting us by e-mail at [email protected]
- Submitting a request via a form available on our website.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. Except as otherwise provided by applicable California law, note that for purposes of these requests under this Section, “personal information” does not include information about Bally’s Corporation employees, or about employees and other representatives of other entities we may interact with in a business capacity.
Before we can process your request, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to certain of your requests. California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent.
- We may collect, use, and disclose, for our business and commercial purposes, categories of personal information as set forth in applicable California law. See Section 1 above for additional details.
- We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described in Section 1 above.
12. FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS
Use of Foreign Service Providers
We may collect, process, and store your personal information through the use of service providers located in a foreign countries, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of those countries may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the applicable foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
Please contact us at the address listed below if you would like to receive more information about our policies and practices regarding the use of service providers located outside of Canada.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to supplement or correct any personal information that we hold about you that you can demonstrate is incomplete or incorrect.
If you want to review, verify, supplement, or correct your personal information you may also send us an email at the address listed below to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a reasonable fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable Canadian privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact us at the address listed below.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent on reasonable notice under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at the address listed below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
13. RESPONSIBLE GAMING
Bally's Corporation takes responsible gaming very seriously. Our Responsible Gaming Policy can be found here: http://www.twinriver.com/responsible-gambling/
14. CONTACT DETAILS
- by e-mail at: [email protected]
- via our online form.